Cohen Recycling - Full Time
15 February, 2023
Operate a tractor/trailer type rig to pick up, transfer, unload, and deliver products, materials, supplies, equipment, etc., as directed by dispatch orders and shipping documents.
- Maintain electronic logbook and operate dispatch software – CRO.
- Loads or assists in loading trailer with materials. Unloads or assists in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck.
- Operates semi-truck according to state laws. Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Chocks rear wheels of truck or trailer before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from shipping dock.
- Obtain shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and returns completed paperwork to shipping office. Maintains any related records required.
- Maintain a regular check on tractor and trailer to assure all travel requirements such as fuel, lubrication, brakes, tire pressures, cooling system, battery, running lights, etc., to maintain safe operations and to avoid trouble and delays when in route.
- Removes empty skids from trailer truck and carries to designated piling area.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking daily oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to shipping supervisor.
- May use hand truck to rearrange loads in shipping department area and sweep out truck body on off-shifts.
- May switch empty/full trailers in shipping yard on off shifts for optimum loading patterns on the following day.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required.
- Knowledge of applicable traffic rules and regulations.
- Tact and diplomacy required in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Requires a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of tractor trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening, as a safety sensitive employee subject to random substance abuse screening under company policy.