Mayerson JCC - Full Time
31 January, 2023
WHO WE ARE
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood school and senior center, arts and cultural events offered throughout the year, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes and engages everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Director of Operations is responsible for direct oversight of the main operational areas of the Mayerson JCC, including Facility Operations, Event Rentals, Office Administration, as well as Safety & Security. It is the DO’s responsibility to ensure that the JCC’s business is operated to the highest standards in line with the JCC’s Mission and Values.
Reporting to the COO and serving as a member of the Management Team, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Director of Operations also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact from time to time with the Board of Directors.MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
- Directly supervise Facility & Special Projects Manager, Events Manager and Administrative Assistant. These specific assignments may change based on the JCC’s needs.
- Responsible for regular annual evaluation of staff under their supervision.
- Set, maintain and enforce clear expectations with staff.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for all Departments under their supervision. Review and approve proposed budgets before presentation to Finance and/or COO and CEO.
- Facilitate all construction projects within the facility including those of lessee organizations as needed.
Safety & Security
- Develop, implement, and understand facility emergency procedures.
- Assist in training employees and lessee organizations on the facility’s emergency procedures.
- Follow organizational procedures in the handling of any emergency situation, including agency policies and guidelines for dealing with the media.
- Make CEO and COO immediately aware of any security issue.
- Provide oversight of the facility to ensure it is as safe and risk free as possible.
- This includes issues of facility upkeep, equipment upkeep, equipment storage, etc.
- Maintain a constant focus on service delivery to members.
- Always prioritize member service above other tasks.
- Continually work with staff through training, modeling, and evaluation to create an exemplary service environment.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean facility and safe environment for our members.
- Make COO aware of any member or guest relations issues that are unresolved or escalating.
- Serve as part of the Management Team in developing strategic direction for the JCC.
- Foster and support all organizational policies and missions when dealing with other staff, volunteers or members.
- Healthy discussion/disagreement on policies is encouraged through appropriate communication with COO.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years Management experience required.
- Jewish communal and/or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience with overseeing budgets/forecasting required.
Special skills preferred:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent technical computer skills – including proficiency with Microsoft Office products o Strong supervisory skills and experience
- Management training and experience
- Bachelors Degree required
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment
- $75,000-$80,000 annual salary based on experience