ish - Full Time
16 June, 2023
ish brings artists and communities together to inspire pride in Jewish identity and heritage, celebrate Jewish cultural traditions, deepen connections to Jewish history and peoplehood, and foster collaboration across differences. Our work is inclusive, creative & experiential, and supportive to the broader community. Whether Jewish or Jew-ish, (or just here for the matzah!), ish brings people together in artistic and cultural exploration, and through that exploration, builds understanding. Learn more at ishCincy.org.
Purpose of the Role:
ish is seeking an administrative professional to join our team. This individual will support the Executive & Artistic Director (EAD) and the ish Office through scheduling, preparing meeting materials, liaising with the Board of Directors, overseeing office and program spaces, coordinating inventory, purchasing, front desk operations, and administrative functions such as bookkeeping, reports, and clerical duties.
About the Position:
- PT (approx. 20 hr/wk) with opportunity to flex into FT (approx. 37 hr/wk) with business needs
- Starting at $17/hr
- Reports to Director of Operations & Events
- Supports Executive & Artistic Director in day-to-day tasks, including calendar and inbox
- Supports Office, Administrative, and ad-hoc Program
- Flexible Work Environment based on COVID-19, some work will be onsite in Northside, Cincinnati,
- Generous PTO, other benefits to be
What You’ll Do:
- Organize & maintain the EAD’s calendar and inbox, arrange meetings and appointments, provide reminders; “manage up”
- Manage the ish Office spaces in Northside, Cincinnati including scheduling, greeting guests, executive calendar management, and other duties as assigned
- Coordinate with Facilities & Curation Manager for supplies management, vendor coordination, travel arrangements, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in the coordination of administrative functions, including bookkeeping, billing and accounts payable, personnel, meetings, and clerical duties
- Coordinate front desk operations; including incoming communications, inquiries, mail, and
- Coordinate inventory; including purchasing, building, equipment, and
- Assist in program coordination as
- You bring extensive skill in Client/Customer Services, Office Management, Executive Assistance, Communications, and/or Administrative
- You are a people-person and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment, in a nonprofit
- You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills, initiative, self-motivation, and are open to professional
- You are highly organized with the ability to design systems for managing office filing and
- You are professional, supportive, and comfortable “managing up” to Executive & Lay Leadership
- You embody ish’s Core Values; Get Chutzpah (advocate for yourself and others), Live by the Platinum Rule (treat others they way they want to be treated), Be Curi-ish (exercise curiosity & consciousness), Think in “Yes, And” (challenge your assumptions and ideas, make space for others’).
- You are experienced in using a wide range of digital tools such as GSuite, Scheduling Software, MailChimp, QuickBooks (etc.) and are willing to learn more!
- You have some knowledge of the Cincinnati arts & culture and Jewish communities, and/or a willingness to learn!
- ish brings artists and communities together to explore Jewish cultural traditions through the We value all members of our community, Jewish, Jew-ish, and not-at-all-Jewish. We believe in building a diverse team to best accomplish our goals. Bring your whole self to work, we like it that way!
- ish Festival does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, sexuality, familial status, or ability/disability.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Christine Chait, Director of Operations & Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to create with you!