Jewish Cemeteries of Greater Cincinnati - Full Time
23 February, 2023
The Jewish Cemeteries of Greater Cincinnati (JCGC) Executive Director manages an office staff and field operations and serves as the public representative in and outside the Jewish community for this small nonprofit organization. JCGC performs burials for the Cincinnati Jewish community, maintains 25 local cemeteries, and hosts programs and events for donors and the public. The Executive Director is driven by culture, values, service, and vision.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees. The Executive Director, with the Board President, manages the Board of Trustees and Board Committees, and coordinates and collaborates with lay and professional colleagues in and outside the Jewish community.
The Executive Director manages an Office Manager, Development Manager, Operations Manager, and Field Foreman, as well as a part-time bookkeeper and sales representative. The Executive Director plans and directs the annual budget and finances.
- Advises Board on long-term organizational planning and development.
- Formulates, manages, and directs cemetery policies and procedures in coordination with the Board, rabbis and clergy, and funeral directors.
- Manages community relations, public relations, and Jewish agency relationships.
- Plans and interprets personnel policies and employee benefits.
- Determines annual programs and initiatives in collaboration with the Board and its Committees.
- Supervises cemetery development and property maintenance in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and best practices.
- Supervises planning and preparation of construction/capital projects with suppliers, architects, and contractors.
- Supervises and responds to and resolves client questions and complaints, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board and Executive Committee
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in nonprofit and/or small business management
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks, and CRM database systems
- Proficiency in budgeting and financial management and oversight
- Decisive, efficient, and enjoys working independently
- Effective manager of staff persons and team
- Effective public speaker and writer
- Organized and effective time-manager
- Customer service-oriented, with sensitivity for grieving families
- Ability to Multi-task and/or Switch between tasks, as necessary
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below or send your resume and cover letter to Irina Kleinerman, Talent Acquisition Manager [email protected]