Rockdale Temple - Part Time
31 January, 2023
About Rockdale Temple
- K. Bene Israel/Rockdale Temple is a mid-sized Reform congregation and the oldest synagogue west of the Allegheny Mountains. We look forward to celebrating our 200th anniversary in 2024, we pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking and future-focused congregation.
Role of the Building & Grounds Associate
The B&G Associate (20-25 hours/week) helps keep the facility in excellent condition by performing a variety of cleaning tasks, light maintenance, and room setups. They staff meetings, programs, and events throughout the week, weekends, and in the evenings.
We are looking for this new member of our team to be positive, responsible, motivated, willing to learn and take direction, pay great attention to detail, and take pride in the work that they do. Applicant must have the ability to work independently, have evening and weekend availability, be able to lift up to 50 lbs., and enjoy working with the public. High School Diploma or equivalent required plus two years’ experience in customer service, catering, or restaurant work preferred but not required. Candidate should also have experience working in a group/team environment and with the public.
- Assist the Facilities and Events Manger to maintain a clean, secure, and high functioning building.
- Maintain appearance of all public and storage spaces.
- Custodial tasks and general maintenance.
- Set up and tear down of special events as needed.
- Kitchen maintenance for cleanliness and consistent organization.
- Assist in kitchen prep and light cooking for congregational events.
- Assist in serving meals and busing tables at congregational events.
- Follow all health and safety
- Other duties as assigned.
The B&G Associate reports to the Facility & Events Manager.
Please email resume to [email protected] or call (513-891-9900) regarding your interest in the position.
The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.