Halom House - Part Time
9 February, 2023
Part Time Registered Nurse/RN
Halom House Inc. serves adults with developmental disabilities since 1985 in the Cincinnati suburb of Blue Ash. Our group home is a licensed facility through the Ohio department of developmental disabilities. We are seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Registered Nurse/RN to join our team!
Apply today If you are looking for a:
- Flexible work schedule
- Leadership position
- Step away from bedside nursing
- Family oriented work environment
- Fulfilling and rewarding career
- Ensure compliance with applicable Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities Administrative Code and Revised Code. Responsible for having a detailed knowledge of Halom House policies and procedures and ensuring implementation. Has a working knowledge of other applicable regulatory entities as they relate to the management of the assigned department (e.g., HCDDS, HUD, CARF, CMS).
- Maintain a professional atmosphere in which to work; treating parents, family members, employees, co-workers and other agency personnel with respect.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the adopted mission, vision and core values of Halom House.
- Keep informed on new developments, methods, and techniques in the field of Developmental Disabilities by participating in regular and required trainings.
- Review documentation noting changes in status of significant conditions and reactions. Take the appropriate measures, including notification of the Physician to assure the health and safety of service recipient.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Ensure that safe nursing care is delivered at a quality level and be an advocate for individual’s rights in health-related decision making.
- Maintain knowledge of the laws and rules regulating the practice of delegated nursing by the Ohio Board of Nursing, the Ohio Department of DD, the Ohio Revised Code and the Ohio Administrative Code that relate to delegation and delegation by a licensed nurse to unlicensed DD workers.
- Plan, develop, and/or coordinate a program of instruction that trains new unlicensed workers to
- Respond to all emergencies and emergency calls of persons served or employees and take appropriate action.
- Attend all Staff meetings.
- Maintain communication with Doctors, parents, families, guardians, advocates, county, and workplace supervisors.
- Train Halom House staff in CPR/FA and any other medical related trainings that will benefit the employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, use stairs and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, pull, push, flex or crouch. The employee must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day (client’s homes, health care professional appointments, benefit appointments, social/recreational activities, and travel between sites) although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse degree from an accredited school of nursing is required.
- Current valid license in Ohio to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of eighteen months of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse. Previous experience with caring for an individual with developmental disabilities- a plus.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, and Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.