OneTable - Full Time
9 January, 2023
About OneTable: OneTable is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit that empowers people to find, share, and enjoy Shabbat dinners through our gathering platform, changing their Friday nights into something transformational. (Read about our impact here.) Our core values inform everything we do: joy, elevation, and welcoming.
We’re constantly growing. So far, we’ve been able to support the Shabbat practice for over 185,000 unique participants in more than 500 U.S. cities. OneTable is on track to surpass 250,000 unique participants by the end of 2023.
The Regional Field Manager is a full-time position that oversees all aspects of OneTable’s growth and involvement in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and the surrounding geographic region. You will build dynamic relationships with hosts, guests, key stakeholders as well as complete administrative tasks. As with all OneTable roles, this position is iterative and will evolve over time with input across teams.
The Field Manager will contribute to OneTable’s mission by:
- Welcoming more people to the Shabbat table and striving to reach ambitious engagement goals in the region
- Enriching and deepening the Shabbat experience for OneTable users
- Managing all administrative functions, including regularly updating OneTable CRM
- Representing OneTable as an ambassador in the community and nationally
Specific responsibilities include:
Direct Support for Friday Night Dinner Hosts and Guests (Relationship Building + Customer Service)
- Build new and deepen existing relationships with hosts and guests via phone, email, and/or in-person meetings (vetting, welcoming, providing ongoing one-on-one support)
- Create and implement a high-touch user engagement strategy in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
Administrative / Internal
- Track participants, run reports and analyze data in our Salesforce CRM as they move through and access our resources (you will be trained in Salesforce)
- Collaborate with the evaluation team and engage in new strategies, events, and outreach to reach organizational goals
- Communicate consistently and clearly internally with colleagues via Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, and other tech tools.
Partnerships / External Relations
- Act as the face of OneTable with regional donors, partners, users
- Plan and execute larger Shabbat events and ensure post-event engagement where opportunity arises
- Steward new partnership and sponsorship opportunities in the area
- Connect regularly with users to collect stories to share with key stakeholders including funders, board members, and media outlets
- Contribute to grant writing and reporting and other funder communications
Key Attributes/Skill Set (Must Have):
- You love to be the host and meet new people. You can build welcoming spaces and create beautiful tablescapes. You are willing to work some evenings (Fridays, of course) and weekend hours. You are the go-to person for all our local events and partnerships, and serve as the educator, trainer, ambassador and cheerleader for all local hosts and partners.
- You prefer to be away from your desk/computer screen and out in the community. You should be out at events, in coffee shops meeting people and introducing them to Shabbat! (Locally and regionally - This role requires someone to spend time on-the-ground, meeting people and building communities in both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. If you are based in Pittsburgh, you will travel to Cincinnati and vice versa).
- You love to use data to figure out what is missing and how to make things better and better, good is never really good enough
- You are a dynamic team player expected to prototype ideas, iterate quickly, and cover for fellow Field team members, ensuring there is never a boring day!
- You are comfortable working independently in your city while simultaneously recognizing that you are part of a national organization with an infrastructure in place to support and guide your work.
- You are strongly connected to the OneTable brand and mission. You understand our goals, voice, and mission and can imbue that into your 1:1 connections, larger events and partnership strategy.
The salary is $50,000 annually plus the following benefits:
- Health insurance — medical, dental, and vision insurance currently through Aetna; OneTable pays 85% of the healthcare premium for each employee and 50% for dependents.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible or health spending account (FSA or HSA), short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Time off:
- Paid time off (PTO) for personal, sick days, and vacation.
- The office is closed for all major Jewish holidays, as well as most federal holidays.
- OneTable offices are also closed during the July 4th week and December 25 - January 1.
- As an organization rooted in the mission of spreading Shabbat, we know the importance of having time on Fridays to start winding down and preparing for our favorite weekly holiday. The OneTable offices close at 4:00 pm (local time) every Friday and at 12:00 pm on the first Friday of each month.
- Optional and discounted identity theft protection, legal assistance program, pet insurance, travel insurance, critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity insurance, and more.
- This position is an exempt salaried position, which is not eligible for overtime.
Location:Candidates must be based in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh and be willing and able to travel approximately once/quarter.
Start Date: Immediately
Questions? Email [email protected]
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Submission of Resume and Cover Letter or Short Video (3 minutes or less) outlining your interest in OneTable and how your qualifications match the job description
- Applicants that move forward to the first round screening will have an interview with a member of OneTable’s Field Team
- Applicants that move forward will interview with a member of the Field Leadership team.
- Applicants that move forward after the second round interview may be asked to complete a written task
- There may be additional conversations with colleagues with whom they would be working.
Note: OneTable seeks to increase equity in its hiring and therefore to mitigate the inside edge sometimes given to those who have relationships with “field insiders,” OneTable does not accept informal recommendations from individuals with personal connections to our staff or Board members and cannot factor such referrals into selection of candidates for interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.