Novikoff Manheimer & Co. - Full Time
20 November, 2023
Are you a CPA with a relentless drive for excellence in your field? Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Novikoff, Manheimer & Co. is in search of a Tax Manager with the potential to rise to the ranks of a partner. This is a great opportunity for professional growth, where your expertise and ambition can shape the financial success of our clients and your own career trajectory.
Novikoff, Manheimer & Co is a well-established and growing CPA firm with an immediate opening for a talented CPA looking to continue and expand their career in public accounting. NMC is a full-service CPA firm, located in Blue Ash, offering a wide variety of tax, assurance, and consulting services to our clientele in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The tax manager works directly with a Partner and is responsible for managing a portion of the firm’s individual and trust income tax practice. The Tax Manager will review the work of income tax preparers and be responsible for the accurate and timely filing of assigned client returns. The candidate will be expected to:
- Perform technical reviews of 1040 and 1041 returns.
- Prepare complex 1040 and 1041 returns.
- Manage tax flow workload from clients and delegate responsibilities to other associates.
- Meet with tax clients on intake and after completion of returns, when necessary
- Prepare tax projections and other tax planning strategies.
- Research and consult with management on client tax related matters.
- Communicate with clients, support staff, and management to effectively and efficiently complete engagements in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with management and staff to maximize processes, workflow, and tax software.
- Responsible for billing for tax preparation services (with Partner Guidance)
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess an advanced knowledge and understanding of tax code and compliance.
- Perform work in an accurate, timely, and organized manner.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing workload to meet internal and external deadlines and expectations.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with clientele and co-workers.
- Experience in Ultra Tax or similar tax software.
- Demonstrated ability to build client relationships
Education & Work Experience:
- Valid CPA license
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting focused on return preparation and review
- Experience in multi-state tax preparation preferred
We offer competitive benefits packages, including medical, Simple IRA, Work from Home opportunities, and PTO!