Rockwern Academy - Full Time
13 March, 2023
Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for multiple full-time Teaching Assistants in our Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Who are we?
Rockwern Academy’s mission is to expand minds, celebrate Judaism, nurture community, and commit to building a better world. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark.
Teaching Assistants must have a high school degree. Apply here
To support Rockwern Academy’s Early Childhood Education Center’s (ECEC’s) mission by providing a nurturing play-based education to children 12 months - 5 years of age; by maintaining open lines of communication with parents, administrators, and other staff and by basing expectations, practice, and behavior in a high degree of professionalism.
This position reports to the ECEC director.
- Help create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective, and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Assist with classroom behavior in age-appropriate ways
- Prepare and maintain materials and supplies that enhance learning
- Support the Lead Teacher as they strive to individualize instruction to meet student's needs
- Greet children daily as they enter the classroom; demonstrate respect and empathy for all children and parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Suggest improvements in curriculum, assessment, policies, practices, etc.
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect
- Attend all required events; attend extra-curricular activities and school functions when possible
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
- Be on time for assigned duties and find a replacement when needed